Beau started his new preschool on September 7. We had a couple 1-hour "test drives" in August to get ready for the big transition. Here he is all ready and excited for the first test drive!
And now, he is ready for his first day at preschool all by himself! We read the book, Llama Llama Misses Mama, practiced sitting "criss cross applesauce" for a week and then all role played how mommy would say goodbye the night before in a circle of stuffed bears and woofs. The prep work did pay off--although it was still a sad goodbye--for both mommy and Beau! There were a few tears but Beau got quickly distracted by the trike yard. Later he said, "I cried for mama but then the teacher held me." When I picked him up that afternoon, he ran up to me with all smiles and immediately wanted to show me the sandbox! He had a great day. The second day, he came home in a different t-shirt (same shorts and underwear). When I asked what happened to his shirt, he replied, "I fell in the toilet." We are off to a great start! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment